Many women desire to look younger and look to a plastic surgeon to help. Two of the most popular procedures are that women may have done to improve their appearance are laser treatments and facial fillers.
Many women want unwanted hair removed from various parts of their body and because every hair follicle is different it needs to be treated differently. Every body contains both active and dormant follicles and only those follicles that are considered to be active can be treated with lasers. This requires several treatments so that the lasers can catch as many active follicles as possible. When you are having laser treatments done for unwanted hair, you are really killing the follicle so that the hair cannot grow back. It is usually considered permanent.
There are some risks involved. These include redness to the treated area and burning of the treated area if not done properly with the proper equipment, so make sure that the equipment is up to date before you have the plastic surgeon perform the procedure.
The other method of beauty treatments is facial fillers. These are injectible chemicals that fill the lines and wrinkles so that you can look younger. They are usually injected into the folds of the skin so that the added volume lifts them where needed. If you have furrows around your nose and eyes, lines in your forehead and around your mouth, and wrinkled and droopy cheeks, you may be a good candidate for these injections.
There are several fillers that you can choose for your injection. These are:
- Restylane, a clear hyalkuroic acid gel that is injected into the face.
- Juvederm, an injection that is done several times a year and produces nearly immediate results.
- Prevelle Silk T, which, like Restylane, is a hyaluronic acid, but includes an anesthetic so that the patient has less pain while being treated. It is a great choice for patients with sensitive skin.
- Radlesse, usually used to fill scars on the face and is used frequently with microdermabrasion.
- Captique T, which is normally a painless injection. It takes only a few minutes and you can live normally immediately after each injection.
As with any cosmetic procedure, there are some risks involved. These should be discussed with your plastic surgeon during your initial consultation. They include temporary side effects such as redness, pain, and tenderness around the injection site, firmness of the skin, and lumps where the injections occurred. If they don’t go away within a few days, meet with your plastic surgeon to have them checked.
After having either of these procedures performed you should have smooth skin and appear younger. Keep in mind that these procedures are not always permanent, so some may need to be administered again for optimal results.